Sports

T20 World Cup 2024: Eoin Morgan picks India to win their second title | Cricket News

Former England skipper Eoin Morgan picked India as the favourites to lift the World Cup this time around.
“Favourites for me are India. They are so, so strong. I think they probably could have selected two squads and still be competitive with both,” Morgan said on Sky Sports.
India are one-time T20 world Cup champions with their title coming in the inaugural 2007 edition when they defeated Pakan in the final at Johannesburg.

‘India could select two squads and still be competitive!’ 🤩
Watch India v Pakan in the T20 World Cup live from New York on Sky Sports Cricket and Main Event from 3pm 🇮🇳🇵🇰 pic.twitter.com/ypIZnnlhAx
— Sky Sports Cricket (@SkyCricket) June 9, 2024
The World Cup winning captain also pointed out that he was waiting to see how Shivam Dube performs in his first ICC tournament.
“I am excited to see Shivam Dube on the world stage. In the last couple of years in a Chennai Super Kings shirt, batting in the middle order with the immense power he has and I think an extra string to his bow now is how he plays fast bowling. He has both six and four hitting options when he first comes in. So again, for different reasons, being a left hander and watching a young, exciting player coming through, I am looking forward to seeing him play. But I have India as strong favourites,” he said.
India have already defeated Ireland in their opening encounter and will play arch-rivals Pakan on Sunday in a match where the toss has been delayed. If the match gets washed out, both teams will share a point apiece.

After the match against the Men in Green, India will face hosts USA on June 12 and then Canada on June 15 to wrap up their group commitments.
Get latest updates on T20 World Cup along with live score updates for all matches.

Related Articles

Back to top button